You may bring your own laptop computer or PDA into the St Pancras Reading Rooms and connect to the power supply subject to the following conditions:
- You may not connect your equipment to the Library's network or download any item from our electronic resources to it.
- The Library will not accept responsibility for any resulting damage to your equipment.
- The Library reserves the right to carry out safety checks on your equipment as necessary.
- Computer bags are not allowed in the Reading Rooms and laptops should be carried in a clear British Library plastic bag, if considered necessary.
- You may not use your laptop computer or PDA at the laptop-free seats.
Some of the desks have security "D" rings attached to them, to secure laptops.
Readers may use a laptop computer or PDA at any seat in the Humanities, Science, Maps, Asian & African Studies, Manuscripts and Social Sciences Reading Rooms and the Business & IP Centre.
In the Rare Books & Music Reading Room seats 50-93 are designated laptop-free. You may not use your laptop computer or PDA at these seats.