You can order:
- Up to four items by phone
- Up to six items by fax, email or letter.
Advance requests must be received a minimum of four days (excluding Saturday and Sunday) before the date required.
When contacting us, you must state:
- Your name
- Your British Library Online Account number (formerly your Reader Pass number)
- The shelfmarks (or reference code, for archive and manuscripts) of the items you wish to order (one item can be ordered without a shelfmark/reference code)
- Author / title details
- The date you require the items
- Which Reading Room you would like the items delivered to
- Your telephone or fax number if placing orders by fax or letter (in case there is a problem with your order).
We do not send automatic responses to confirm your order.
Monday - Friday 08.30-17.00
Reader Services Enquiries
The British Library
Tel: +44 (0)20 7412 7676