- You can renew your Reader Pass before your current Pass expires. Your new pass will be valid from the day you renew.
- You can renew your Reader Pass after it has expired.
- If you have lost your expired pass we can still renew it; and you should apply in person to Reader Registration.
Come to Reader Registration on the Upper Ground Floor at St Pancras and consult a member of staff.
You need to provide you need to provide documentation to support your need for ongoing access and you must provide appropriate identification and proof of address; we cannot renew your pass without this.
- If you have a three year Reader Pass you can renew up to six months before the expiry date and any time after expiry
- If you have a one year pass you can renew up to one month before the expiry date and any time after expiry
- If you have a monthly pass you can renew up to one week before the expiry date and any time after expiry.
The British Library
96 Euston Road
Tel: +44 (0)20 7412 7676
Fax: +44 (0)20 7412 7794