Anyone can apply for a Reader Pass, but due to pressure on our services we cannot guarantee admission.
Our registration staff will have an introductory discussion with you about your need to use our collections. Staff may suggest other, more appropriate libraries or sources for your research.
Please note: Major changes have been introduced for Readers using the Boston Spa Reading Room. The changes affect how you gain access to the Reading Room and use our collections.
You should note that:
- The British Library is very different from public and university libraries.
- Other libraries or sources may be more appropriate to your research and staff may refer you elsewhere.
- We do not routinely issue a Reader Pass to anyone under the age of 18.
- We issue a pass subject to your need to see specific items in our collections. Before you register, you should search our Catalogues to confirm we have the material you require; and bring these details with you when you register.
- We will need to see proof of your identity and proof of your address.
Once registered you will be given a Reader Pass. Passes are valid for a period of between one month and three years, depending on your needs and are issued subject to the Library's Conditions of Use.
Readers with disabilities who may need additional support should contact us.
To proceed, choose one of the following:
- Extend an expired Reader Pass (existing readers only; allows you to request material before renewing your pass in person)
- Renew a Reader Pass (existing readers only; up to 6 months before expiry)
- Register for the first time (includes details of how to pre-register online).
Reader Registration, The British Library,
96 Euston Road, London, NW1 2DB, United Kingdom
Tel: +44(0)20 7412 7676; Fax: +44(0)20 7412 7794
Customer Services, Reader Registration, The British Library,
Boston Spa, Wetherby, West Yorkshire, LS23 7BQ, United Kingdom
Tel: +44(0)1937 546060; Fax: +44(0)1937 546333