Reading Room Print/Copy Top up service
This service enables readers to top-up their print/copy account using a debit or credit card.
NB: It is available anywhere using your British Library Account username and password.
Access the Print/Copy Top up service
- Only the card types displayed on the top up page can be used.
- You can top up in £1 increments between £5 and £100.
- You will receive email confirmation of top up if you enter an email address on the top up page.
- There is a facility to check your transactions between dates you choose.
- There is also a facility to change your password.
- Support for this service is by the email address as provided on the credit confirmation page.
Emails to this address will be answered within 5 working days.
- The British Library has a general no refund policy except in exceptional circumstances.
- Refunds will be given at the discretion of individual reading room managers.
- Refunds for credits made through the web interface by credit or debit card have to be made back to the card used and can be arranged via reading room copy counters. The refund will be made through our Finance department and will take 2 to 3 days to process.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms carefully before using the online Top up service
Using the online Top up service on this website indicates that you accept these terms. If you do not accept these terms do not use this service.
- Payments by credit or debit card for some goods and services supplied by the British Library are processed using Netbanx. When the payment is processed by Netbanx, the details of the credit or debit card are collected over a secure link. The British Library does not collect any details and they are not made available to us. When you make a payment online, Netbanx will use industry standard software, which encrypts your information. For further details about the security of this information, please refer to Netbanx Ltd.
Netbanx can be contacted on their website, or in writing at the following address:
Mount Pleasant House
All payments are subject to the following conditions:
- Your Print & Copy Account should be credited with the appropriate amount almost immediately after you have authorised payment from your debit or credit card. However, it will take up to 24 hours before the corresponding debit appears against your debit or credit card.
- We cannot accept liability if payment is refused or declined by the credit/debit card supplier for any reason.
- If the card supplier declines payment, the British Library is under no obligation to bring this fact to your attention. You should check with your bank/credit/debit card supplier that payment has been deducted from your account.
- In no event will the British Library be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of the use, inability to use, or the results of use of this site, any websites linked to this site, or the materials or information contained at any or all such sites, whether based on warranty, contract, tort or any other legal theory and whether or not advised of the possibility of such damages.
Using this website indicates your acceptance of the British
usage and retention, with regards to using this service.