Reader Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
We have complied these FAQs to help new readers make the best use of their time in the St Pancras Reading Rooms.
If you have a question that is not answered here please ask staff at the Reference Enquiry or Issue desks.
- This is my first visit to your Reading Rooms, how do I see collection items?
- How long will I have to wait for closed store items to arrive?
- How do I know when my items have arrived?
- Where do I return items?
- Can I reserve items I have ordered to view on the following day?
- Can I track my reading room requests?
- How do I obtain a report of my request history?
- How do I pay for printing, copying, and scanning?
- Where can I get help in the Reading Rooms?
- Are the Reading Rooms Wi-Fi enabled?
- Does the Library provide access to the Internet?
- Can I use access my email account using Library computer terminals?
- Does the Library provide access to electronic resources?
- Can I print or download from the Library's electronic resources?
- If material is held in digital format, why is it necessary for me to come into the British Library Reading Rooms? Is it not possible for me to access the material from my own workstation in an office or at home?
- Is digital material limited solely to use in Reading Rooms?