David Jenkinson (1928-2011) was a soil scientist at Rothamsted Experimental Station, Hertfordshire between 1957 and 1988, where he conducted pioneering research on carbon and nitrogen cycling in soils (including construction of one of the first computer models of soil carbon called ‘Roth-C’) and developed a revolutionary technique for measuring the amount of carbon in cells of soil micro organisms (soilmicrobial biomass).
- Birth name: David Jenkinson
- Born: 1928 Los Angeles, USA
- Occupation: Soil scientist
- Disciplines: Climate Change Science
- Education: Trinity College, Dublin
Related Audio Clips
The following clips are short extracts from an in-depth interview.
To listen to the full interview visit http://sounds.bl.uk