Jenny Constant (1946-), laboratory technician and materials scientist, began her career at the Royal Radar Establishment, Malvern, and its successor, in 1964. She initially worked as a Experimental Assistant, helping to examine materials for lasers, but transferred to the group researching liquid crystals led by Cyril Hilsum in 1971. Here, she did experiments to test the suitability of liquid crystalmaterials for use in displays, taking on more responsibilities as the work expanded and as she was promoted. In the early 1990s she stopped being a practising scientist to take on new roles as a health and safety advisor and resource manager before retirement in 2004.
- Birth name: Jenny Woolford
- Born: 1946 Malvern, Worcestershire, UK
- Occupation: Materials scientist
- Disciplines: Materials Science
- Education: Worcester Girls’ Grammar School; Worcester Technical College