ACCOMMODATION OF STUDENTS UNDER EIGHTEEN BY FURTHER EDUCATION COLLGES: NATIONAL MINIMUM STANDARDS: INSPECTION REGULATIONS
Department of Health
London: TSO, 2002-05-13
- welfare policies, procedures and support to students;
- organisation and management of the residences; staffing;
The standards will be used by the National Care Standards Commission for the
welfare inspection of FE colleges accommodating under 18s.
REMBERING BLAIR'S MANTRA TO DEFEND SKILLS AND SCHOOLS
Financial Times, Apr. 10th 2002, p.6
Summarises the arguments produced by Estelle Morris in support of continued
increases in public spending on education. There is a need to:
- build a new system of vocational training;
- reform the teaching profession;
- use education to improve the life chances of disadvantaged children.