Evidence in Social Welfare Policy and Practice
When: Fri 7 Dec 2012, 09.30 - 17.00
Where: Conference Centre, British Library
Price: Free, booking essential
Join us to celebrate the launch of Social Welfare at the British Library, a new free online service offering a single point of access to our vast print and digital collections on social welfare and social policy.
We will also be announcing the acquisition of a very significant charitable foundation archive: a major primary research resource for scholars exploring voluntary-sector activity.
This conference will explore issues such as the use of evidence in health policy; the gathering and dissemination of evidence about the voluntary and community sector; practitioner access to evidence; and the potential of charity archives for research.
Our speakers include:
- Prof. Jon Glasby, Director, Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham (the keynote speaker);
- Prof. Pete Alcock, Director, Third Sector Research Centre, University of Birmingham;
- Dr Jo Moriarty, Social Care Workforce Research Unit, King’s College London
- Dr Georgina Brewis, Research Officer, Institute of Education, University of London, and founder, Campaign for Charity Archives;
- Dr Diana Leat, independent commentator and researcher on the voluntary sector.
The conference will conclude with a panel discussion, followed by a drinks reception with music by the Winter Quartet.