Insider Trends: Retail trends in fashion
Fri 1 Mar 2013, 10.00-12.00
British Library Business & IP Centre
We can stop talking about an internet-retail ‘revolution’ because online selling is here, and it’s here to stay. What’s more, more than 50% of offline consumers are influenced by online marketing.
What we should be talking about now is what this means for the future of the physical retail space. The trick is to integrate the physical and digital experiences in a new and meaningful way. Stores and websites must now complement each other, performing different functions, rather than being carbon copies of one another. These trends are already emerging, and in many cases the fashion industry is leading the way.
In this two-hour workshop in the British Library Business & IP Centre, find out what is going on in the fashion retail sector, from shopping online and via mobile apps, to customisation and luxury options on the high street.
It includes an overview of the trends that will shape the sector over the next few years, what will matter to your customers and ideas and examples of how to turn these trends into opportunities for your fashion business. It will also take inspiration from other sectors.
The session will include:
- An overview of the trends that will shape multi-channel fashion retailing in the near future. What’s coming next, and where will the best opportunities be?
- Ideas and examples of how to turn these trends into profitable opportunities.
- Examples of cutting-edge fashion businesses leading the way – what they’re doing, how it works and why it works.
- Specific and practical tools and techniques you can use to get ahead of your competitors.
- Transferable ideas from other industries that could be the key inspiration for yours.
- An information pack to take away covering the key topics and tools covered.
- Discussion session.
This event is part of the British Library’s Spring Festival 2013: a celebration of fashion, design and film.