This event celebrates the launch of Social Welfare at the British Library, a new free online service offering a single point of access to our vast print and digital collections on social welfare and social policy.
This conference explored issues such as the use of evidence in health policy; the gathering and dissemination of evidence about the voluntary and community sector; practitioner access to evidence; and the potential of charity archives for research.
Our speakers were:
- Prof. Jon Glasby, Director, Health Services Management Centre, University of Birmingham (the keynote speaker);
- Prof. Pete Alcock, Director, Third Sector Research Centre, University of Birmingham;
- Dr Jo Moriarty, Social Care Workforce Research Unit, King’s College London
- Dr Georgina Brewis, Research Officer, Institute of Education, University of London, and founder, Campaign for Charity Archives;
- Dr Diana Leat, independent commentator and researcher on the voluntary sector.
The conference concluded with a panel discussion.
MP3 file, 4 hrs 12 mins 42 secs, 101.22 MB