Our team of experts give a few hours of their time each month to advise entrepreneurs, SMEs and inventors on their businesses.
Who are our experts?
Alasdair runs the marketing consultancy Grow and has worked with over 150 entrepreneurs grow their business through better marketing. His practical marketing workshops have been attended by over 3,000 entrepreneurs from around the world. Alasdair will advise you on digital marketing, SEO, Google pay Per Click advertising, sales strategy, website copy and everything marketing and sales related.
Meet with our marketer in residence, Alasdair Inglis by completing this application form.
Mark is highly experienced in the process of taking an invention from idea to finished product. He can give you advice on everything from protecting your idea, licensing it to others or designing and manufacturing the product yourself. Meet with our Inventor in Residence, Mark Sheahan.
Mark Sheahan Ask an Expert application form.
About Expert Impact
Human Lending Library
Expert Impact aim to match entrepreneurs with some of today's business leaders in order to share knowledge, guidance and growth within their target sectors. They offer free sessions with some of the UK's top entrepreneurs. The Human Lending Library programme gives the opportunity to receive an hour of one-to-one mentoring from an expert.
In order to be matched with an expert you must:
- be able to demonstrate the positive social impact of your organisation across one or more of the following areas: education, healthcare, the arts, scientific research, poverty alleviation and/or the environment.
- be thinking about, or in the process of, scaling the operations and impact of your work.
- have one or more specific business issue you'd like help with, see FAQs for examples.
The form is designed to take no more than 10 minutes to fill out, and we do recommend you take a look through our FAQs before completing your application. Once you have submitted the form a member of our team will get in touch. Apply here.
The Innovating for Growth
: Mentoring programme is an ERDF funded scheme that gives you the chance to be mentored by a successful entrepreneur from our Innovating for Growth: Scale-Ups programme who will be guiding you through the challenging and rewarding process of running a high-growth business.
We are selecting mentees for the second round of this exciting opportunity that is fostering collaborations and developing talents.
Eligibility to be a mentee:
- The business has to have been registered at Companies House from at least one year to date
- You should be working full-time in your business
- The business should already have a live website
- Your business should have already generated some revenue from sales
Throughout the mentoring journey, we are here to support both you and your mentor. Why you may want to consider becoming a mentee...
- By joining Innovating for Growth: Mentoring you will acquire an invaluable professional and personal development.
- Gain practical advice, encouragement and support from experienced entrepreneurs
- Identify goals and establish a sense of direction
- Exposure to new ideas and ways of thinking
- Strengthen your interpersonal and communication skills and learn to listen actively and accept feedback
- Increase your confidence and motivation
- Expand your professional network
Interested or want to find out more? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.