Innovating for Growth Scale-ups
Applications are now closed for Innovating for Growth: Scale-ups and will reopen in October 2020
What is Innovating for Growth?
Innovating for Growth is a European Regional Development Fund programme designed to help small businesses that are looking to grow. We know business is tough at the moment. Whether you are running as normal, struggling to keep up with demand, adapting to a new model of operation, or trying to find a way to continue trading, Innovating for Growth can help your business.
Our advisers and external consultants are here to help you to continue building your business whether that means adjusting to ‘the new normal’ or finding new opportunities to pursue. They will help you to be more resilient and adaptable in the face of a changing future.
Since 2012 we’ve supported 540 businesses with turnovers from £100,000 to £30 million, with the average being £500,000. The programme is bespoke to your business’ needs and entirely free, so complete our qualifying questionnaire to find out if the programme is right for you and we’ll be in touch.
How does it work?
We select 18 high-growth businesses every three months to give £10,000 worth of specialist support and tailored one-to-one advice. The programme is currently running digitally and the one-to-one meetings with the consultants are by video conference. It has eight modules, including:
- Growth strategy: our partner Red Ochre will help you to assess your strengths and weaknesses and to outline a solid growth path, including sales and commercialisation models.
- Refining your business model: our partner Red Ochre will help you to outline your business model through using the Business Model Canvas tool.
- Product and service innovation: our partner FLUXX will help you identify ways of becoming more efficient and competitive through developing new processes, products and services.
- Branding: our partner ABA will help you clarify your brand positioning and personality within your market as a means of growing your business.
- Marketing: our partner ABA will help you to make sense of the role of marketing in your business and develop a practical plan to help you grow.
- Intellectual Property: our partner BRIFFA will help you to secure and exploit your IP assets.
- Business and market intelligence: our expert market research analyst at the Business & IP Centre will identify and implement your research needs and will produce a tailored report.
- Financial planning: our partner Metavalue will help you to analyse, plan, and track your finances, including cash flow, pricing strategy and investment to support and enable your growth strategy.
Each module adds to the Business Model Canvas as you work through the programme.
Watch how Sabina, founder of Sabina Motasem, benefited from Innovating for Growth: Scale-ups by watching the video below.
When can you apply?
Please complete our form below to register your interest for our next intake.
Want to find out more? Watch our video to see how we've helped our previous businesses to scale-up and grow.
What can you expect?
You might be looking to grow into a new market, launch a new product or implement a new process. Not sure how? Through one-to-one sessions and workshops we'll work together to help you fulfil your growth potential. You will also get automatic membership to our Growth Club where you will have the opportunity to network with over 540 other high-growth, scale-up business owners and keep in touch with your Relationship Manager. Other benefits of the Growth Club include:
- Quarterly peer-to-peer networking events
- Press and PR opportunities
- Becoming a mentor for the Start-ups Mentoring programme
- Opportunities to speak at our series of Start-up Star events
- Group mentoring
- Meet the Buyer events
- Complimentary tickets for our series of Inspiring Entrepreneur events
What are the requirements?
- Your business has a turnover of £100,000 or more
- Your business is based in London
- You can commit to a minimum of 12 hours over three months
- You have big ambitions to scale and grow your business.
Start-up support programme
If you're not quite ready for our scale-up programme but want to know the essentials for running your small business read about our start-up programme here.
This programme is fully-funded by the European Regional Development Fund and the British Library.
Click the below image to see our latest video.
The consultants we had access to were a group of 'doing people' who took an objective view of our business, made clear and concise recommendations and showed genuine interest in helping us succeed. This has led to tangible business benefits we are now feeling six months later. Starting and growing a business is never easy. I truly believe that having access to this team of skilled consultants with real experience and genuine enthusiasm for our business has been a marked factor in our success… We are now more adaptable, command a stronger brand and think progressively about our short and mid-term growth. In an ever competitive SME landscape this is the sort of advantage that differs successful companies from failureJames Dean, Sensat Ltd
The programme gave me the tools and information I needed to get serious about growing my businessDavid Showell , Zooey
After leaving the [Innovating for Growth] course, I also recently finished a four month process of personal coaching... the combination of both courses has revealed a new direction for the business and a very deeply embedded ambition in me as a leader of it all! It's such a relief to now have the clarity to be able to move forward and be able to make more meaningful decisions in the day to day… At the time I was quite frustrated on occasion that I wasn't able to answer a lot of the future-looking questions... now looking back, all the questions were part of the journey to this point!Alice Mayor, We Built This City
I found it very motivational, instructive and extremely useful to attend – it was very specific for my businessTerry Morgan, Debaere
Upcoming workshops & events
What’s the quickest way to find and secure investment to keep growing your business?
Almost every organisation has intellectual property of some sort – this series of webinars helps businesses to understand and protect it.
Covering blogs, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and more, this webinar will teach you the basics about the different types of social media and how to use them effectively for your business.
We know this is a difficult time for small businesses and business owners. That’s why we’ve developed a dedicated programme to support SMEs across the country, all of which can be accessed remotely, wherever you are.