Coronavirus business support
We've rounded-up a number of resources, both from the Business & IP Centre, and nationally, which relate to support available during the Coronavirus outbreak.
A full range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees.
This page helps businesses find out how to access the support that has been made available, who is eligible, when the schemes open and how to apply.
There is a new Business Support Finder available to see what support is available for you and your business.
Information about reopening your business can be found in a newly created page.
COVID-19: guidance for employees, employers and businesses on:
- a Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments
- statutory sick pay relief package for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief
- grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- the Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme to support long-term viable businesses who may need to respond to cash-flow pressures by seeking additional finance
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- the HMRC Time To Pay Scheme to help with tax
COVID-19: Advice and guidance for small businesses and the self-employed, including:
- latest news
- help available
- looking after your mental health
Businesses will be given an additional three months to file accounts with Companies House to help companies avoid penalties as they deal with the impact of COVID-19.
If you are based in one of our Start-ups in London Libraries partner boroughs, you can find the borough-specific information on support for small businesses here.
Collating advice, guidance, and what your business can do to help. Free for all businesses and not just for CBI members.
Latest advice, webinars and FAQs.
Help for event creators to move their events to online.
Their business support programme has been created to help businesses that are looking for ways to rebuild, reshape or evolve their operations in response to coronavirus.
A community of digital and business expert volunteers helping small businesses and charities survive and thrive through digitisation.
A competition intended to provide early-stage and established Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) entrepreneurs in the UK with an opportunity to obtain funding and support to develop and scale their business. Deadline: 31 July.
Resources from other business support networks
We’re here for businesses during these closures and can’t wait to welcome you back when we reopen.