The what, the why and the how of purpose: a guide for leaders
- Document type
- Discussion paper
- Ebert, Charlie, Hurth, Victoria, Prabhu, Jaideep
- Chartered Management Institute
- Date of publication
- 30 July 2018
- Management & leadership: including strategy, public sector management, operations and production, People management: all aspects of managing people
- Business and management
- Material type
This discussion paper, based on 14 in-depth interviews with senior executives from companies across eight industries and a round-table discussion, looks at what purpose is and how organisations can use it to help drive performance.
- Definition of what purpose in business is - with five insights from leading employers.
- What makes purpose different from Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), mission and vision.
- Why companies are becoming more purpose-driven
- Three considerations for adopting and implementing an organisational purpose.
- Conclusions and recommendations.
- References and further reading.
Related to Management & leadership: including strategy, public sector management, operations and production
Downloadable briefing on the voting patterns of shareholders on FTSE 100 CEO pay
Downloadable white paper defining what organsiational purpose is and how it can help drive performance.
Downloadable report looking at what employers think should be done to help prepare students for working life.
Downloadable report on trade and business planning for Brexit
Related to Chartered Management Institute
Downloadable paper considering the effect of tax policy on supplier networks in a large developing economy
Downloadable report using HMRC data to learn more about business owners and their businesses
Downloadable report on regional growth after Brexit