How to turn data into a strategic asset
- Document type
- Harris, Jeanne G; Craig, Elizabeth
- Date of publication
- 1 June 2010
- Management & leadership: including strategy, public sector management, operations and production
- Business and management
- Material type
A paper discusses how to improve the level of data analysis within an organisation and use it to achieve concrete performance improvements. A five-step process is described using the acronym DELTA. This stands for:
- Data: Identify what data in your organisation could produce useful lessons if it were analysed.
- Enterprise: Which groups within the organisation need to be able to share data, and how can this be practically and legally achieved?
- Leadership: Ensure that people within the organisation have the skills needed to provide analytical leadership.
- Targets: How to identify the datasets that will provide the biggest and easiest return.
- Analysts: The types of analyst, what skills they have and the roles they play.
Related to Management & leadership: including strategy, public sector management, operations and production
Downloadable paper looking at the incentive packages of FTSE 350 firms
Downloadable briefing on the voting patterns of shareholders on FTSE 100 CEO pay
Downloadable white paper defining what organsiational purpose is and how it can help drive performance.
Downloadable report looking at what employers think should be done to help prepare students for working life.
Related to Accenture
With the announcement of the new converged standard on revenue recognition on May 28, 2014, the Financial Accounting Standards Board and the International Accounting Standards Board (‘the Boards’) have
Generation D Europe investor survey: understanding expectations of wealth management in the digital world
Generation D investors are heavy users of digital technology in all aspects of their lives, including their investing habits, and have the desire and means to invest. They span socioeconomic lines and
Enabling the modern business through IT: how cloud ERP can help meet rapidly evolving business needs
As the pace of innovation accelerates, customer needs change, and industries converge, many companies are finding it challenging for their information technology to support the rapidly changing needs
In the early days of digital, technological advances were associated primarily with efficiency. Taking human intervention out of work and replacing it with automation and changing the very foundations