Stretch to the board
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Hay Group
- Hay Group
- Date of publication
- 1 January 2008
- Management & leadership: including strategy, public sector management, operations and production, People management: all aspects of managing people
- Business and management
- Material type
Director roles in the NHS are becoming more complex. This is increasingly the step up from senior management to the board. Hay Group’s latest research looks at the nature of this stretch and identifies four tactics for organisations to help their leaders make the leap:
- Fundamentals: features of the organisation itself that enable all directors to be effective.
- Preparation: the long term leadership development that lays the ground-work for effective performance as a director
- Transition: the support immediately before, during and after the step up to the board that makes a promotion successful
- Breadth: the work done in post to strengthen and reinforce the corporate self-image
Related to Management & leadership: including strategy, public sector management, operations and production
Downloadable paper looking at the incentive packages of FTSE 350 firms
Downloadable briefing on the voting patterns of shareholders on FTSE 100 CEO pay
Downloadable white paper defining what organsiational purpose is and how it can help drive performance.
Downloadable report looking at what employers think should be done to help prepare students for working life.