Developing People (Winter 2010)

Developing People (Winter 2010)
Document type
Other
Corporate author(s)
Roffey Park Institue
Publisher
Roffey Park Institute
Date of publication
16 December 2010
Subject(s)
People management: all aspects of managing people
Collection
Business and management
Material type
Report

This item is only available to registered users

Register now or Log in

Your use of this content is subject to the terms and conditions of this portal

As we begin 2011 in a period of uncertainty and ambiguity the need for leaders to guide decision-making is key. Once again our survey reports that cost-cutting and efficiency savings remain the highest priority for organisations so the crucial challenge for leaders remains doing more with less resource and reducing costs intelligently. At the same time investment in leadership and employee development remains the same.
Our survey asked managers how they rate leadership inside their organisations and this has remained unchanged over the last 12 months with 72% of respondents rating their leadership as good or excellent. Whilst this is good news, there remains room for improvement with the remaining 28% who feel their leadership is poor or very poor. Investing in leadership development will reap rewards as our survey demonstrates that those organisations who
have good or excellent ratings were more likely to be outperforming against their financial and strategic targets.

Related to People management: all aspects of managing people

From rights to reality: enforcing labour market laws in the UK

Downloadable spotlight looking at violations of labour market rights

Good Work Plan: consultation on measures to address one-sided flexibility

Downloadable report on measures to address one-sided flexibility

Equality and discrimination: understand the basics

Downloadable guide outlining how to comply with equality legislation

More items related to this subject

Related to Roffey Park Institute

Employees earnings since the great recession: the latest picture

Briefing note on changes in earnings over time

IFS Green Budget 2019

Report on global economic growth

2019 annual report on education spending in England

Report on education spending in England

More items related to this publisher