- Comedies (1)
- Context (2)
- Deception drama and misunderstanding (1)
- Elizabethan England (1)
- Gender and sexuality (1)
- Gender sexuality courtship and marriage (1)
- Language word play and text (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Politics and religion (1)
- Power and politics (1)
- Renaissance writers (1)
- Rise of the novel (1)
- Satire and humour (1)
- Travel colonialism and slavery (1)
Showing 3 results
Manuscript, Book, Duodecimo, Commonplace book
This handwritten collection of poems and prose contains William Shakespeare’s Sonnet 2, as well as works by other Elizab...
In this satire by Thomas May a dandy called Nim visits the Blackfriars Playhouse to attract a lady. Having bought a new...
Book, Octavo, Image, Illustration
The Man in the Moone, or a discourse of a voyage thither is considered to be the first work of science fiction in Englis...