- Comedies (1)
- Context (1)
- Gender and sexuality (1)
- Gender sexuality courtship and marriage (1)
- Language and ideas (1)
- Language word play and text (1)
- Poetry (1)
- Politeness sensibility and sentimentalism (1)
- Politics and religion (1)
- Popular culture (1)
- Rise of the novel (1)
- Satire and humour (1)
- The middle classes (1)
- Theatre and entertainment (1)
- Tragedies (1)
Showing 3 results
Cross-dressed casting of major tragic roles was not commercially viable because of the conservative nature of London aud...
Print, Etching, Image
These prints mock the towering hairstyles, wigs and extravagant fashions of late 18th-century Britain. They come from t...
These month-themed illustrations show off the skills of the caricaturist George Cruikshank at their best: the scenes are...