- Gershom ben Judah [punctuator of the rest of the codex] (1)
- Mordekhai Emendante [scribe] (1)
- R. Simḥah bar Shemu᾿el ha Levi [scribe] (1)
- Samuel ben Abraham of Molerstadt [punctuator of the Pentateuch] (1)
- Shemu'el ben he ḥaver rabi Ḥayim (scribe) (1)
- Simhah ben Samuel ha Levi [scribe] (1)
- Solomon ben Isaac (Rashi) (author) (2)
Showing 5 results
Manuscript, Illuminated manuscript, Illumination
A highly illuminated medieval Spanish Hagadah. What is the Hagadah? The Hagadah (plural Hagadot), which literally mean...
A 14th-century illuminated Ashkenazic Pentateuch. What is the Hebrew Pentateuch? The Pentateuch is the Greek term used...
Manuscript, Scroll, Textile
A 14th-century Torah Scroll from the Iberian Peninsula, complete with mantle. What is the Torah Scroll? The Torah Scroll...
A 14th-century codex of the Pentateuch, complete with Rashi’s commentary. Why is Rashi’s commentary important? Rashi, a...
The earliest surviving glossed Bibles from Ashkenaz (Franco-German lands) date from the 13th century CE. They show an or...