Copied by a certain Andreas Olenes between 1108-1111, this manuscript preserves the second part of the New Testament from the Acts and Epistles of the Apostles to Revelations. The biblical books are introduced with prologues and short chapter-lists. At the end of the manuscript, as a sign of its liturgical use, the scribe copied the decree of the Seventh Ecumenical Council on religious images (icons). This decree was solemnly read on the first Sunday of the Great Lent, with the appropriate intonation indicated with red neumes above the line. The volume closes with a short, but very popular, historical survey of all seven ecumenical councils. The manuscript was acquired by Sir Ivor Bertie-Guest during his stay in Ioannina. The British Library purchased it from him in 1871.