The alchemy of dispute resolution: the role of collective conciliation
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Acas Research and Evaluation
- Date of publication
- 1 March 2009
- Acas Policy Discussion Papers
- People management: all aspects of managing people, Management & leadership: including strategy, public sector management, operations and production
- Business and management
- Material type
This paper describes how collective conciliation has changed. Specifically, it seeks to address the following questions:
- What is collective conciliation and what part does it play in collective bargaining?
- Is there a relationship between collective conciliation and the level and nature of industrial unrest?
- What are the barriers to collective conciliation – particularly in the public sector?
- Are Acas conciliators really alchemists when it comes to proactively transforming employment relations?
- Against the backdrop of economic recession, what is the future of collective conciliation?
Related to People management: all aspects of managing people
Downloadable spotlight looking at violations of labour market rights
Downloadable report on measures to address one-sided flexibility
Downloadable impact assessment on One-sided flexibility
Related to ACAS
Downloadable guide to promoting positive mental health in the workplace
Downloadable guide providing good practice advice for dealing with discipline and grievances in the workplace