This item is featured in:
The annual abstract of statistics for benefits, national insurance contributions, and indices of prices and earnings: 2014 edition (covering April 2014 uprating)
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Department for Work and Pensions
- Date of publication
- 29 April 2015
- Poverty Alleviation Welfare Benefits and Financial Inclusion
- Social welfare
- Material type
The Abstract of Statistics is an annual publication produced by Information Exploitation Directorate of the Department for Work and Pensions. The purpose of the publication is to provide a reference source for people interested in benefit uprating and the value of benefits compared to prices and earnings.
The Abstract contains two sections, Uprating of Benefits and Rates of Benefit which aim to provide data to answer the following types of questions.
- How do the values of state benefits compare to prices?
- Are state benefits today, worth more or less in terms of Average Earnings than in previous years?
- How does the income of an unemployed person compare with Average Earnings?
- How do the rates of benefits compare with one another?