Buckinghamshire Local Industrial Strategy: a partner in the Oxford-Cambridge Arc
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Dept. for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Date of publication
- 19 July 2019
- Trends: economic, social and technology trends affecting business
- Business and management
- Material type
This strategy is one of a family of four linked Local Industrial Strategies covering the Arc, the others covering Oxfordshire, South East Midlands and Cambridgeshire and Peterborough areas, reflecting the close collaboration and partnership working between LEPs across the region.
This Local Industrial Strategy aims to boost Buckinghamshire productivity by backing businesses to create high-quality, well paid jobs throughout the United Kingdom, with investment in skills, industries and infrastructure.
This strategy is founded on the nationally significant economic assets of Buckinghamshire, including:
- Westcott Space Propulsion Cluster;
- Pinewood Studios and the National Film and Television School Creative Cluster; `
- Silverstone Park and Technology Cluster; and
- Digital health, med-tech and artificial intelligence (AI) with a Stoke Mandeville Cluster.
Related to Trends: economic, social and technology trends affecting business
Downloadable briefing note looking at the relationship between productivity and pay growth
Downloadable paper on ensuring a fair future of work for women
Downloadable paper on how economic insecurity is experienced by workers
Downloadable paper on how government innovation agencies can become better