Great Manchester Local Industrial Strategy
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Dept. for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Date of publication
- 13 June 2019
- Trends: economic, social and technology trends affecting business
- Business and management
- Material type
This Local Industrial Strategy represents a strong partnership between local leaders and government, setting out an ambitious plan to achieve the aspirations of the national Industrial Strategy and to continue to contribute to Greater Manchester’s prosperity.
The strategy is based on the robust evidence provided by the 2019 Independent Prosperity Review, and the 2016 Science and Innovation Audit.
It sets out how Greater Manchester will work with government to:
- set Greater Manchester up to be a global leader in health and care innovation;
- position Greater Manchester as a world-leading region for innovative firms to experiment with, develop and adopt advanced materials in manufacturing;
- build on Greater Manchester’s position as a leading European digital city-region, to maximise growing assets in cyber security;
- enable the digitalisation of all sectors and capitalise on the links between digital and creative; industries that feed internationally significant clusters in broadcasting, content creation and media;
- launch the UK’s first city-region Clean Growth Mission to achieve carbon neutral living in Greater Manchester by 2038; and
- ensure that the education, skills and employment system allow everyone to reach their potential.
Related to Trends: economic, social and technology trends affecting business
Downloadable report on the Tourism Sector Deal
Downloadable report on the International Business Events Action Plan 2019-2015
Downloadable paper on investment in the development of the Digital Built Britain (DBB) Programme
Downloadable report on the Great Manchester Local Industry Strategy