Law Commission report on consumer prepayments on retailer insolvency: government response
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Dept. for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Date of publication
- 27 December 2018
- Small business & enterprise: the practicalities of running a small business and the theory of entrepreneurship
- Business and management
- Material type
The Law Commission issued a consultation during the summer of 2015 and published its final report on 13 July 2016. This document is the government’s response to the Law Commission’s report.
In September 2014 the government asked the Law Commission (LC) to examine the protections given to consumer prepayments and consider whether such protections should be strengthened.
The government’s response:
- sets out its position on the recommendations; and
- announces its intention to legislate to protect the money consumers put into Christmas Savings Clubs.
Related to Small business & enterprise: the practicalities of running a small business and the theory of entrepreneurship
Downloadable report aiming to explain why few startups scale
Downloadable report on the BEIS Business Support Evaluation framework
Downloadable report on consumer prepayments on retailer insolvency