Organising for excellence: an international review of good practice in organisational design and governance of research funding bodies
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Dept. for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
- Date of publication
- 31 December 2018
- Trends: economic, social and technology trends affecting business
- Business and management
- Material type
This study by Rand Europe presents a review of international evidence on best practice in organisational design of research and innovation funding bodies. It was commissioned to inform the design of UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) and has contributed to decisions around governance structures and strategy.
The study covers:
- evidence relating to good practice in establishing strong and accountable organisations and governance structures; and
- lessons from the strengths and weaknesses of different organisational models for research and innovation.
The initial search for evidence covered both research and innovation funding organisations, as well as organisations in public, private and third sectors that work in the field of research and innovation. The analysis has a UK context, but the study did not seek to make specific recommendations about the design and governance of UKRI.
Related to Trends: economic, social and technology trends affecting business
Downloadable report on the trends and issues that are driving the luxury industry
Downloadable report on the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) covering data for the 2017 calendar year
Downloadable report exploring the main drivers for the relocation of firms within the UK
Downloadable report on the impacts of commercial property development (CPD) on local labour market and productivity