The Roadmap sets out the government’s vision and ambition for science, research, and innovation.
A survey was carried out and received 400 responses from individuals and organisations across the UK and internationally.
The Roadmap asked a series of questions, and we undertook this public survey to provide an opportunity for interested parties to respond to these questions
This document summarises the main themes.
• Long-term and sustainable funding, with a diverse range of funding approaches to reach a wide range of organisations across the UK.
• Greater support for collaboration and knowledge exchange across the R&D landscape - academia, industry, the public sector, the public, and across sectors, nationally and internationally.
• A strategic and long-term approach to set a clear direction for the UK, attract international talent, and coalesce businesses around common goals and global challenges.
• An improved research and innovation culture, proactively supporting and developing diversity at all levels across the sector.
• Continued support for education, training, and skills, with the ability to acquire new skills across all regions of the UK and ensure the demands of the future workforce are met.