Driving delivery: turning plans into action on regional infrastructure
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Date of publication
- 1 August 2018
- Trends: economic, social and technology trends affecting business
- Business and management
- Material type
This report focuses on how decision-making and delivery can be improved to help make regional infrastructure priorities a reality.
It set out five recommendations to set up each region for success:
- Ensure a joined-up approach to infrastructure at a national and regional level.
- Clearly reflect the wider economic benefits of transport investment in central government decision making.
- Strengthen the role of sub-national transport bodies in strategic decision-making.
- Create a level playing field to deliver transport improvements across all regions.
- Ensure sustainable, consolidated and long-term funding for local transport.
Related to Trends: economic, social and technology trends affecting business
Downloadable briefing note looking at the relationship between productivity and pay growth
Downloadable paper on ensuring a fair future of work for women
Downloadable paper on how economic insecurity is experienced by workers
Downloadable briefing note on recent changes to England's apprenticeships system
Related to CBI
Downloadable report giving practical steps to reduce the worst effects of a no deal Brexit
Downloadable report highlighting the actions business and government can take to close the digital skills gap
Getting young people 'work ready': our vision for how education should prepare young people for the modern world
Downloadable report on how education should get young people work ready
Downloadable report looking to improve productivity through better people practices