Driving delivery: turning plans into action on regional infrastructure
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Date of publication
- 1 August 2018
- Trends: economic, social and technology trends affecting business
- Business and management
- Material type
This report focuses on how decision-making and delivery can be improved to help make regional infrastructure priorities a reality.
It set out five recommendations to set up each region for success:
- Ensure a joined-up approach to infrastructure at a national and regional level.
- Clearly reflect the wider economic benefits of transport investment in central government decision making.
- Strengthen the role of sub-national transport bodies in strategic decision-making.
- Create a level playing field to deliver transport improvements across all regions.
- Ensure sustainable, consolidated and long-term funding for local transport.
Related to Trends: economic, social and technology trends affecting business
Downloadable paper aiming to understand how concentrated the UK economy is
Downloadable paper arguing that there needs to be a new approach to and understanding of economic growth post-Brexit
Related to CBI
Downloadable document outlining the key details of the Brexit white paper for business
Downloadable report detailing a four-step exports growth plan for the UK