Changes to bodies granted investigatory and other powers under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002: consultation document
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Home Office
- Home Office
- Date of publication
- 1 July 2015
- Criminal Justice Services, Children and Young People, Health Services
- Social welfare
- Material type
Download (87KB )
The purpose of this consultation is to obtain views on which bodies should be granted access to the investigation powers under the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. This consultation covers the following five issues:
- The extension of powers to bodies with some existing investigation powers.
- The provision of powers to new public bodies.
- The allocation of new powers provided by the Policing and Crime Act 2009.
- Changes to the level of seniority for Senior Appropriate Officers (SAO) for the authorisation of the exercise of certain powers.
- The removal of existing powers from two bodies.
The consultation runs from 24 July 2015 to 4 September 2015.
Related to Criminal Justice Services
This report looks at experiences with the police, criminal justice system and support services
Report on trafficked women in the criminal justice system