Equal measures: equality information report for 2014
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Care Quality Commission
- Care Quality Commission
- Date of publication
- 1 March 2015
- Health Services, Social Work, Social Care and Social Services
- Social welfare
- Material type
Download (1.3MB )
This report looks at the experiences of people using health and social care services, as well as for staff working in social care. The report also looks at Care Quality Commission’s (CQC) work with regard to equality in health and social care and at equality in their own workforce. It also looks to the future and sets out CQC Equality Objectives for 2015-17, which are:
- Objective 1: Deliver learning and development for all CQC staff by March 2016 to address unconscious bias. This will help to promote equality, diversity and inclusion in our regulatory work, in employment at CQC and in our wider relationships with colleagues.
- Objective 2: Include race equality for staff (through the NHS Workforce Race Equality Standard) as a factor in our judgements about whether hospitals are well-led.
- Objective 3: Improve our regulatory insight and action about the safety and quality of mainstream health services for people with a learning disability or dementia, or those experiencing mental ill-health.
- Objective 4: Help our inspectors to pursue key lines of enquiry and to make consistent and robust judgements about particular aspects of equality. We will focus on adult social care services meeting the needs of lesbian, gay and bisexual people and people with a sensory impairment, and look at the transition of young disabled people into adult services.
- Objective 5: Work towards having no difference in the employment outcomes for our staff or potential recruits because of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender reassignment, religion or belief or sexual orientation.
Related to Health Services
Variation in end of life hospital spending in England: evidence from linked survey and administrative data
Working Paper on healthcare spending
Report on shared measurement in the NHS
Report on human capital in India
Report on data-driven technologies in mental healthcare