This item is featured in:
Evidence submitted to the Housing, Communities and Local Government Select Committee inquiry into funding and provision of children's services
- Document type
- Longfield, Anne
- Children's Commissioner for England
- Date of publication
- 25 February 2019
- Children and Young People, Housing and Homelessness, Education and Skills
- Social welfare
- Material type
The Children’s Commissioner is keen to ensure that local authorities have the resources necessary to meet the needs of children in their area. This submission poses the following questions:
- What are the needs of children which local authorities ought to meet?
- What is currently being spent meeting these needs?
- How does spending map onto the needs of children?
This submission also briefly outlines the research undertaken to date, and further research which is ongoing.