This document describes the approach for national and local organisations to make a start in 2015/16 towards fulfilling the vision set out in the NHS Five Year Forward View, whilst at the same time delivering the high quality, timely care that the people of England expect today. It:
- Sets outs seven approaches to a radical upgrade in prevention of illness with England becoming the first country to implement a national evidence-based diabetes prevention programme.
- Explains how £480 million of the £1.98 billion additional investment will be used to support transformation in primary care, mental health and local health economies.
- Makes clear the local NHS must work together to ensure patients receive the standards guaranteed by the NHS Constitution.
- Underlines the NHS’s commitment to giving doctors, nurses and carers access to all the data, information and knowledge they need to deliver the best possible care.
- Details how the NHS will accelerate innovation to become a world-leader in genomic and genetic testing, medicine optimisation and testing and evaluating new ideas and techniques.