This item is featured in:
Initial teacher education inspection outcomes
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Office for Standards in Education, Children's Services and Skills (England)
- Date of publication
- 15 September 2015
- Education and Skills
- Social welfare
- Material type
This initial teacher education (ITE) release contains provisional data for:
- Outcomes from inspections completed in the 2014/15 academic year.
- Most recent inspection outcomes for all partnerships.
Key points include:
- The proportion of partnerships inspected which were good or outstanding is lower this year than last year.
- Inspections of 17 partnerships were concluded in the 2014/15 academic year. Some 82% (14) of these partnerships were judged good or outstanding. This is lower than the 94% seen in 2013/14.
- Three partnerships were judged less than good this year.
- The University of Essex was judged to require improvement in October 2014 and still required improvement at its next inspection in May 2015. Kent County Council was judged inadequate in October 2014.
- Ninety eight percent of all partnerships were good or outstanding at their last inspection.
- As of 30 June 2015, there were 231 open partnerships which had been inspected by Ofsted. Some 98% of these are good or better.