Invest in young lives: building philanthropic support for disabled children and young people
- Document type
- Joy, Iona; Boswell, Katie; Simmonds, Lynn
- New Philanthropy Capital
- Date of publication
- 22 September 2016
- Disabled people, Families, Social Policy
- Social welfare
- Material type
Download (859KB )
This report argues that more philanthropic support should be channelled towards organisations which help disabled children and young people.
It seeks to bridge the gap between the evidence base and philanthropic support, and identifies opportunities for philanthropists to drive lasting change for children and their families.
- Why more support is needed for disabled children and young people.
- Where philanthropic support should be targeted.
- What the priority areas for support are.
- How can this support be achieved.
This study is based on interviews and a roundtable with experts in the disabled children and young people’s sector.
Related to Disabled people
This annual report includes information on all Mencap's achievements for 2017
This factsheet is for adults with care needs and carers
This factsheet provides information for disabled adults on how to prepare for a Work Capability Assessment
This factsheet explains how changes to the Disability Living Allowance will affect those who receive payments