This item is featured in:
The involvement of users and carers in social work education: a practice benchmarking study
- Document type
- Wallcraft, Jan; Fleischmann, Peter; Schofield, Peter
- Social Care Institute for Excellence
- Date of publication
- 1 February 2012
- Workforce development report; 54
- Social Work, Social Care and Social Services, Disabled people
- Social welfare
- Material type
Since 2002 higher education institutions (HEIs) have been required to develop service user and carer involvement (SUCI) throughout the design and delivery of degree programmes. This small-scale study aims to provide a benchmark of how practice is progressing across the 83 HEIs in England which offer the social work degree, and to support the development of guidance for social work educators. The aims of this study were:
- To review existing evidence on good practice in SUCI within social work education.
- To examine current practice at the 83 approved HEIs.
- To review the existing evidence on SUCI in post-qualifying programmes.
- To support the development of guidance for social work educators.