Local government pension scheme funds: 2015-16 England
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Department for Communities and Local Government
- Dept. for Communities and Local Government
- Date of publication
- 26 October 2016
- Poverty Alleviation Welfare Benefits and Financial Inclusion
- Social welfare
- Material type
Download (572KB )
This release provides information on Local Government Pension Scheme funds in England
Key points include:
- Total Local Government Pension Scheme expenditure in England in 2015-16 was £10.0 billion.
- Total Local Government Pension Scheme income in England in 2015-16 was £12.4 billion.
- Employers’ contributions to the Local Government Pension Scheme in 2015-16 amounted to £6.6 billion and employees’ contributions to the scheme were £2.0 billion.
- The market value of the Local Government Pension Scheme funds in England at the end of March 2016 was just over £200 billion.
Related to Dept. for Communities and Local Government
This document describes the views expressed during the consultation on proposed policy changes to allow same-sex civil marriage and outlines the Government’s proposed way forward to enable same-sex
This consultation is about how the ban can be lifted on same sex couples having a marriage through a civil ceremony. Whilst many of the issues and questions outlined in this document relate to those
Assessment of the impact of lifting the ban on same sex couples having a marriage through a civil ceremony.
Equality Act 2010: what do I need to know? Quick start guide for businesses who sell goods and services
The Equality Act 2010 replaces the existing anti discrimination laws with a single Act. It simplifies the law, removing inconsistencies and making it easier for people to understand and comply with