Local government pension scheme funds: 2015-16 England
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Department for Communities and Local Government
- Dept. for Communities and Local Government
- Date of publication
- 26 October 2016
- Poverty Alleviation Welfare Benefits and Financial Inclusion
- Social welfare
- Material type
Download (572KB )
This release provides information on Local Government Pension Scheme funds in England
Key points include:
- Total Local Government Pension Scheme expenditure in England in 2015-16 was £10.0 billion.
- Total Local Government Pension Scheme income in England in 2015-16 was £12.4 billion.
- Employers’ contributions to the Local Government Pension Scheme in 2015-16 amounted to £6.6 billion and employees’ contributions to the scheme were £2.0 billion.
- The market value of the Local Government Pension Scheme funds in England at the end of March 2016 was just over £200 billion.
Related to Poverty Alleviation Welfare Benefits and Financial Inclusion
Briefing note on Labour's proposed income tax rises
Briefing note on earnings across the generations
Working paper on wealth accumulation across the generations
Briefing note on changes in earnings over time