This item is featured in:
National framework for children and young people's continuing care
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Department of Health
- Department of Health
- Date of publication
- 22 January 2016
- Health Services, Disabled people
- Social welfare
- Material type
This Framework is intended to provide guidance for clinical commissioning groups (CCGs) when assessing the needs of children and young people whose complex needs cannot be met by universal or specialist health services.
This guidance comprises:
- Chapter One: Introduction - a definition of continuing care, and the roles and responsibilities of CCGs.
- Chapter Two: The continuing care process - a step-by-step guide to making an assessment and decision.
- Chapter Three: The Decision Support tool for children and young people - a resource to support local determination of a child or young person’s needs. This is also published separately as a Word® document for use locally.