Newport: city of democracy
- Document type
- Morrin, Mark; Follett Tom
- Date of publication
- 1 November 2016
- Social Policy, Community Development and Regeneration
- Social welfare
- Material type
Download (4.1MB )
This report sets out the case that a ‘City of Democracy’ brand for Newport could not only help achieve the authenticity and inspiration that makes city brands successful, but could also transform democratic life in the city and make Newport a leader in engaging its citizens.
- A branding strategy for City of Democracy should be agreed with all stakeholders and partners.
- Measures to support co-op and mutual ownership for established and new local businesses should be implemented.
- Newport should remain engaged with ongoing devolution discussions with Cardiff Capital Region around fiscal devolution, and to prioritise its digital cluster in growth discussions.
Related to ResPublica
Report encouraging responsibility in gambling
Report on the British poultry meat industry after Brexit
Report on reform in the technology sector