Realising the Value: Ten actions to put people and communities at the heart of health and wellbeing
- Document type
- Finnis, Annie; Khan, Halima; Ejbye, Johanna
- Date of publication
- 15 November 2016
- Health Services, Social Work, Social Care and Social Services
- Social welfare
- Material type
Download (3.9MB )
This is the final report of the Realising the Value programme, an 18-month programme funded by NHS England in support of the NHS Five Year Forward View vision to develop a new relationship with people and communities.
The report sets out ten key actions on what should be done and how people need to work differently to put people and communities at the heart of health and wellbeing.
- Implement person and community-centred ways of working across the system, using the best available tools and evidence.
- Develop a single, simplified outcomes framework across health and care and community provision, focused on what matters to people.
- Continue to learn by doing, alongside further research.
- Make better use of existing levers such as legislation, regulation and accountability.
- Trial new outcomes-based payment mechanisms to support person and community-centred approaches, and implement these as part of wider national payment reform.
Related to Health Services
How accurate are self-reported diagnosis: comparing self-reported health events in the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing with adminstrative hospital records
Working paper on the self-reported medical diagnosis
Report on economic growth and austerity in Ireland
Report on health spending and austerity
Variation in end of life hospital spending in England: evidence from linked survey and administrative data
Working Paper on healthcare spending
Related to NESTA
What motivates adults to learn: a rapid evidence review of what drives learning new skills in the workplace
Report on factors influencing adult workers' motivation to learn for work
Downloadable paper on how government innovation agencies can become better
Downloadable paper looking at the incentive packages of FTSE 350 firms
Report on creating the conditions for front-line innovation at pace