This item is featured in:
Reviewing the case: the right to appeal in adult social care
- Document type
- Seaman, Emma; Davies, Anna; Jetha, Natasha
- Independent Age
- Date of publication
- 9 October 2019
- Social Work, Social Care and Social Services, Legislation, Older Adults
- Social welfare
- Material type
This report argues that there are clear advantages to a statutory appeals process for adult social care, including:
- A more accessible, less intimidating option for those receiving care and support.
- A more open, efficient approach for local authorities.
- A fairer, more impartial overall process through the introduction of an independent reviewer role.