This report provides a unique, independent analysis of the UK public sector through a business lens.
Produced by Deloitte UK in collaboration with Reform, the insight is informed by interviews with public sector leaders, citizen research and an in-depth analysis of government data.
A survey of 1,000 people found seven key findings including:
- 41% of citizens expect public services to worsen because of Brexit.
- Public support for taxes to fund public spending is on the rise, for the first time since the 1990’s.
- 57% feel that the NHS is the top priority, compared with Brexit at 33%.
- A digital divide exists amongst citizens by age and social class.
Public sector leaders say:
- Brexit will impact on funding, the workforce, priorities and local economies.
- Digital transformation is struggling to meet the ambition.
- Collaboration and workforce flexibility are key characteristics of the future public sector.
- Leadership will be challenged to become more effective, high profile, diverse and continually renewed.