This item is featured in:
The impact of public policy of volunteering in community-based organisations
- Document type
- Hutchison, Romayne; Ockenden, Nick
- Date of publication
- 1 March 2008
- Volunteering, Social Policy, Employment, Education and Skills, Community Development and Regeneration
- Social welfare
- Material type
This study was carried out by the Institute for Volunteering Research (IVR) and the Institute for Voluntary Action Research (IVAR).
The main objectives of the study were to:
- Analyse the recent public policy context for participation in community-based organisations, and changes therein, since 1997.
- Review how organisations are engaging in these different policy agendas.
- Review any changes in the profile, role and responsibilities of volunteers in community-based organisations.