A toolkit to support the development of a hospital food and drink strategy
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Department of Health
- Department of Health
- Date of publication
- 1 March 2015
- Health Services
- Social welfare
- Material type
Download (873KB )
The Department of Health has created this toolkit, in conjunction with the Hospital Food Standards Panel, to support NHS hospitals in the development of a food and drink strategy, one of the requirements identified in the NHS Standard Contract.
The toolkit includes the relevant food standards identified as a requirement in the NHS Standard Contract.
For patient catering:
- 10 Key Characteristics of Good Nutritional Care, NHS England.
- Nutrition and Hydration Digest, the British Dietetic Association.
- Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool or equivalent, BAPEN.
For staff and visitor catering (and applied as appropriate to patient catering):
- Healthier and More Sustainable Catering – Nutrition Principles, Public Health England.
For all catering:
- Government Buying Standards for Food and Catering Services, Defra.
Related to Health Services
How accurate are self-reported diagnosis: comparing self-reported health events in the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing with adminstrative hospital records
Working paper on the self-reported medical diagnosis
Report on economic growth and austerity in Ireland
Report on health spending and austerity
Variation in end of life hospital spending in England: evidence from linked survey and administrative data
Working Paper on healthcare spending