Transforming our justice system: overarching IA
- Document type
- Impact Assessment
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Justice
- Date of publication
- 15 September 2016
- Criminal Justice Services, Offenders
- Social welfare
- Material type
Download (663KB )
The Ministry of Justice is seeking to modernise the justice system. This document assesses the impact of the plans, which are to:
- Provide additional assistance to court users who have difficulty using digital services.
- Allow online guilty pleas and fixed fines for some minor offences.
- Change the rules on the composition of tribunals to reduce the average number on a panel.