Transforming our justice system: summary of reforms and consultation
- Document type
- Corporate author(s)
- Great Britain. Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Justice
- Date of publication
- 1 September 2016
- Criminal Justice Services, Offenders
- Social welfare
- Material type
Download (794KB )
This document outlines what the Ministry of Justice is doing to achieve reform of the justice system, and invites the public and interested stakeholders to give their views on certain specific measures. Namely, to:
- Provide additional assistance to court users who have difficulty using digital services.
- Allow online guilty pleas and fixed fines for some minor offences.
- Change the rules on the composition of tribunals to reduce the average number on a panel.
Related to Criminal Justice Services
This report looks at experiences with the police, criminal justice system and support services
Report on trafficked women in the criminal justice system