The Centre for Connected and Autonomous Vehicles (CCAV) is helping to ensure that the UK remains a world leader in the research, development, demonstration, and deployment of connected and autonomous vehicle technologies.
This call for evidence on the UK testing ecosystem for connected and autonomous vehicles (CAVs) seeks to:
• test, refine, and prioritise the ideal characteristics identified by the Centre’s study;
• identify gaps in the current UK testing ecosystem;
• identify opportunities to secure future competitive advantage;
• consider the case for a flagship, large-scale, live urban test facility;
• ask industry and academia to articulate what they want and need from the testing and demonstration landscape to attract and de-risk investment and ensure viability;
• foster opportunities for collaboration across sectors, academia, local government, network operators and to inform development of compelling, industry-led propositions; and
• gather views on what government’s role could be in removing barriers, enabling, and accelerating the development of these technologies.
The audience for this call for evidence includes potential partners from industry, academia, centres of excellence, local government and network operators, as well as innovative companies not currently investing in the UK.