Description

1802 saw the construction of a thirty-two arch viaduct over the Ebbw River near the village of Risca in Monmouthshire. The bridge supported the Sirhowy Railway, which carried iron and coal from Newport to the Tredegar ironworks at Sirhowy. In this King's Topographical Collection view after a drawing by Edward Pugh of Ruthin (1763-1813), the viaduct slices through the Ebbw valley passing the Union Copper Company buildings at left. 

Transcript